PCS2011_CHINA – PHILOSOPHY AND COGNITIVE SCIENCE
From Thursday the 26th to Friday the 27th of May 2011, the 3rd International Conference
PHILOSOPHY AND COGNITIVE SCIENCE Scientific Representation: Theories & Models
took place at the South Campus of Sun Yat-Sen University, 135 XinGang Xi Lu, Guangzhou, China.
The conference was co-organized by the Department of Philosophy, Sun Yat-sen University, China, and the Department of Philosophy, University of Pavia, Italy, with the assistance of the Faculty of Cognitive Science, University of Trento, Italy; the Department of Logics and Philosophy of Sciences, School of Philosophy, Fudan University, China; the Institute of Philosophy, South China Normal University, China; and the Center for Philosophy of Science and Technology, South China University of Technology, China.
We invited contributed papers addressing the following topics:
- abductive cognition,
- the cognitive structure of scientific theories,
- the nature and functions of models,
- scientific representation,
- mathematical representation in science,
- model-based reasoning in science,
- transcultural studies of cognition,
- cognitive models of religious experience