Guido Giuliani was born in
1992: Guest undergraduate
student, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering,
1993: Graduation with honors in Electronic Engineering from Università
1997: PhD degree in Electronics
and Computer Science from Università di Pavia,
· 1997 - 1999: Contract researcher with Dipartimento di Elettronica, Università di Pavia, Pavia, Italy, and with C.S.E.L.T., Centro Studi E Laboratori Telecomunicazioni, Torino, Italy.
· 1999 - 2000: Post-Doc researcher, Dipartimento di Elettronica, Università di Pavia, Pavia, Italy.
· 2000 - 2010: Assistant Professor, Dipartimento di Elettronica, Università di Pavia, Pavia, Italy.
· Dec. 2010 - present: Associate Professor, Dipartimento di Elettronica, Università di Pavia, Pavia, Italy.
Research Activity (follow link)
Guido Giuliani has carried out theoretical and experimental research
in the field of optoelectronics and photonics.
Main research topics:
· Semiconductor integrated ring lasers for applications as ultrafast all-optical memories and gyroscopes
· RF/mm-wave generation with optoelectronic techniques
· Effects of backreflections into semiconductor laser cavity and their applications to remote sensing
· Semiconductor laser interferometry and sensing
· Optical amplifier noise and noise in optical communications
· Modelling of semiconductor optical amplifiers
· Measurement techniques for the linewidth enhancement factor of semiconductor lasers (collaboration with COST 288 - Round-Robin measurements)
Since 1995 he has been teaching blackboard and laboratory/experimental
tutorials at the Engineering faculties of Università
Guido Giuliani is member of IEEE and LEOS.