|Curriculum Vitae - Ilaria Cristiani|
Associate Professor in Physics
Integrated Photonics Lab,
Department of Electrical, Computer and Biomedical Engineering
University of Pavia
Ilaria Cristiani received the PhD in Electronics Engineering in 1998 from the University of Pavia. Since 1994, she spent three years at the Advanced Research Laboratories of the company Pirelli Cables & Systems in Milan, Italy, working on the exploitation of soliton propagation in high bit‐rate transmission systems.
At present she is Associate Professor in Physics at the Department of Electrical, Computer, and Biomedical Engineering of the University of Pavia. Her teaching activities mainly regard Physics and Photonics classes at the Engineering Faculty.
The principal scientific activity has been aimed at the experimental study of linear and nonlinear optical phenomena for applications in biophotonics and optical communication systems. She has co‐authored more than 80 papers (Scopus – h‐index 26), published in peer reviewed international journals and she contributed to several invited presentations at international conferences. IC is coauthor of four patent applications, one book (Degiorgio, Cristiani ‘Photonics’ Ed. Springer), and she serves as reviewer for the most important international journals in the field of Physics and Photonics.
Main Research Projects
European Projects FP7 – Nistas: Non-invasive screening of the status of the vascular
system - UNIPV Proposer
2012 European project FP7 – “Fabulous: FDMA Access By Using Low‐cost Optical Network Units in Silicon Photonics” - UNIPV Coordinator
2012 Grant Cariplo “Optofluidic chips for the study of cancer cell mechanical properties and invasive capacities” - Coordinator
2006 PRIN ‐2005‐ MIUR. “Development on nonlinear devices based on the Silicon‐Germanium alloy” National Coordinator
2006 Innesco, funded by CNISM‐ “Development of integrated fiber tweezers” Coordinator
2006 EU FP6 project STREP IST‐2005‐034743 (2006‐2010) "IOLOS ‐ Integrated Optical LOgic and Memory using Ultrafast Micro‐ring Bistable Semiconductor Lasers" - co-investigator
She participated also in the COST actions P11 “Physics of linear, nonlinear, and active photonic crystals” and MP0604 "Optical Micro‐Manipulation by Nonlinear Nanophotonics".
publications on peer review international journals (2010- 2019)
G. Nava, T. Yang, V. Vitali, P. Minzioni, I.
Cristiani, F. Bragheri, R. Osellame, L. Bethge, S. Klussmann, E.M.
Paraboschi, R. Asselta, T. Bellini, "Newtonian to non-newtonian fluid
transition of a model transient network", Soft Matter, 14, 3288,
16. C. Lacava, V. Pusino, P. Minzioni, M. Sorel, I. Cristiani "Nonlinear properties of AlGaAs waveguides in CW operation regime" Optics Express, 22, 5291, 2014.
17. M. Esseling, A. Zaltron,N. Argiolas, G. Nava, J. Imbrock, I. Cristiani, C. Sada,C. Denz 'Highly reduced iron-doped lithium niobate for optoelectronic tweezers' Applied Physics. B, Lasers and Optics, 113, 191, 2013.
18. C. Lacava, M.J. Strain, P. Minzioni, I.Cristiani, M. Sorel 'Integrated nonlinear Mach Zehnder for 40 Gbit/s all-optical switching' Optics Express, 21, 21587, 2013
19. G. Nava, P.Minzioni, I.Cristiani, N. Argiolas, M. Bazzan, M.V. Ciampolillo, G. Pozza, C. Sada , V. Degiorgio 'Photorefractive effect at 775?nm in doped lithium niobate crystals', Applied Physics Letters, 103, 031904, 2013
20. C. Lacava, P. Minzioni, E. Baldini, L. Tartara, J.M. Fedeli, I. Cristiani, 'Nonlinear characterization of hydrogenated amorphous silicon waveguides and analysis of carrier dynamics', Applied Physics Letters, 103, 21587, 2013
21. L. Carroll,D. Gerace,I. Cristiani, S. Menezo, L.C. Andreani 'Broad parameter optimization of polarization-diversity 2D grating couplers for silicon photonics', Optics Express, 21, 21556, 2013
22. P. Minzioni, G.Nava , I. Cristiani.,W. Yan, V. Degiorgio, 'Wide-band single-shot measurement of refractive indices and birefringence of transparent materials' Optics and Laser Technology, 50, 71, 2013
23. C Liberale , G. Cojoc, F. Bragheri, P. Minzioni, G. Perozziello, R. La Rocca, L. Ferrara, V. Rajamanickam, E. Di Fabrizio, I. Cristiani "Integrated microfluidic device for single-cell trapping and spectroscopy", Scientific Reports, 3, 1238, 2013
J. Matres, C. Lacava, G.C. Ballesteros, P. Minzioni, I. Cristiani, J.M.
Fédéli, J. Martí, C.J. Oton, "Low TPA and free-carrier effects in
silicon nanocrystal-based horizontal slot waveguides", Optics
Express, 20, 23838, 2012.
Degiorgio, I. Cristiani, “Note di Fotonica”, Ed. Springer, Seconda